Inter Miami is taking full advantage of the media power of stars such as Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets to achieve a publicity level never before seen in MLS, garnering many brand sponsorships.
Despite having previously worn it in pre-season matches against El Salvador and Dallas FC, Inter Miami‘s black away jersey for the 2024 MLS season was officially unveiled at a ceremony that also saw the announcement of a partnership with cruise line Royal Caribbean.
The unveiling ceremony
It was a ceremony in which, as expected, Lionel Messi was the star of the night and was the godfather at the inauguration of the ‘Icon of the Seas’ cruise ship and in an extravagant way, he did the honours of breaking the traditional bottle of Champagne over the ship and thus ‘christening’ it.
Royal Caribbean will now be the title sponsor of Inter Miami‘s black jersey, which during past friendlies, bore the logo of the team’s foundation and not the MLS franchise’s new commercial partner.
Inter Miami’s upcoming matches before the start of the MLS season
- Monday 29 January: Al Hilal vs. Inter Miami (Kingdom Arena, Riyadh)
- Thursday, 1 February: Al Nassr vs. Inter Miami (Kingdom Arena, Riyadh)
- Sunday, 4 February: Hong Kong vs. Inter Miami (Hong Kong Stadium)
- Wednesday, 7 February: Vissel Kobe vs. Inter Miami (Japan National Stadium)
- Thursday, 15 February: Inter Miami vs. Newell’s Old Boys (DRV PNK Stadium)
- (First MLS game) Wednesday, 21 February: Inter Miami vs. Real Salt Lake (DRV PNK Stadium)
Read the full article here