The Premier League has a new mega-money superstar, with Mykhailo Mudryk becoming one of the league’s most expensive players ever.
Manchester United have had a long history of being the leading spenders in England and former star man Paul Pogba had been the top-flight’s priciest player.
However, that all changed in the summer of 2021 when Manchester City bought Jack Grealish from Aston Villa.
But the Red Devils responded and splashed out again last summer, landing Brazilian winger Antony from Ajax for £82million.
Chelsea have now made Mudryk the joint-third most expensive deal in Premier League history after they spent £89m on the Shakhtar Donetsk forward.
But it is Manchester City who hold the record after spending £100million on Aston Villa and England maestro Grealish.
The midfielder has replaced Pogba in the history books and overtaken a host of other mega-money deals done by the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.
But Enzo Fernandez could yet break Grealish’s record if he completes a £115million move to Chelsea from Benfica in the closing stages of the window.
But who makes up the current top ten? Here, talkSPORT.com looks at who has cost the most in English top-flight history, with Grealish and Romelu Lukaku currently topping the charts.
10. Nicolas Pepe (Lille to Arsenal in 2019) – £72million
9. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United in 2021) – £73million
8. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton to Liverpool in 2018) – £75million
7. Romelu Lukaku (Everton to Manchester United in 2017) – £75million
6. Harry Maguire (Leicester to Manchester United in 2019) – £78million
5. Antony (Ajax to Manchester United in 2022) – £82million
3. Mykhailo Mudryk (Shakthar Donetsk to Chelsea in 2023) – £89million
3. Paul Pogba (Juventus to Manchester United in 2016) – £89million
2. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan to Chelsea in 2021) – £97million
1. Jack Grealish (Aston Villa to Manchester City in 2021) – £100million
Read the full article here